All home remodeling is not created equal — and some rooms are vastly more challenging to redesign (and redesign well) than others. Approximately 71% of American homeowners will endeavor to improve their home interior design this year, and more than half of them, or 56% to be exact, will spend at least $1,000 doing it. If you are one of these Americans, heed a few words of caution: kitchen remodeling is difficult, but you can save yourself valuable time and a fair share of headaches by knowing what to do and what not to do.
You Must Respect The Kitchen Triangle
Yes, the kitchen triangle is a thing. Some of the best design and build contractors recommend homeowners arrange the stove, the sink, and the refrigerator in all kitchens in a triangle. This prevents any of the appliances from being too far from the others. “The triangle — sink, refrigerator, stove — is not obsolete. I see a lot of plans coming in where builders have drawn kitchens with the refrigerator on the other side of an island from the sink and stove,” Linda Woodrum of HGTV says. “You have to walk around the kitchen island to get something out of the refrigerator. It’s just awful. That triangle needs to be respected.”
If You Don’t Think About Really Cooking In Your Kitchen, You’re Going to Have A Bad Time
The home improvement industry, including design and build companies, bring in $57.2 billion dollars annually. In other words, they’re doing fine, and you shouldn’t practically give away your money. That’s what might happen, however, if you do not carefully think about kitchen designs. Homeowners can get so caught up in aesthetics, they forget about designing a kitchen that is practical and functional, too. Imagine preparing meals in the kitchen at every step in the design process.
Kitchen designs need to be particular. Don’t make costly mistakes. Keep your refrigerator, sink, and stove in a triangle shape, and don’t go overboard on embellishments or sacrifice your kitchen’s practicality.
- Stop! Are You Making These Kitchen Design Mistakes?
- If Apple Can Trademark Its Interior Design, Can Interior Home Designers Do the Same?
- Why You Should Consider Green Home Building for Environmental Reasons | Potomac, MD
- When Building a Custom Home is the Right Decision | Bethesda, MD
- Make the Right Decisions When Remodeling Your Home | Chevy Chase, MD
- When to Utilize Handymen Services Over a Contractor | Potomac, MD
- Design-Build: Make Your Dream Home A Hassle-Free Reality | Bethesda, MD
- Keep Your Cool During the Remodeling Process | Chevy Chase, MD
- Save Time and Money: Handymen Services Take Care of Electrical, Plumbing and Carpentry Repairs | Potomac, MD
- Top Reason to Buy Custom Homes | Bethesda, MD
- Green Home Building: The Benefits of Living in a Green Home | Chevy Chase, MD
- Blending Imagination and Practicality to Build a Custom Home | Potomac, MD
- When You Are Considering DIY Versus Handymen Services | Bethesda, MD
- Green Home Building: Planning a Kitchen So Green it’s Almost Wicked | Chevy Chase, MD
- Ideas for Personalizing Your Kitchen When Remodeling | Potomac, MD