It seems like just about every one is improving or adding on to their homes. According to Scarborough Research, more than half of the homeowners in the United States (53%) have made some kind of home improvement in the past 12 months, while about 71% of homeowners in the United States are planning a home improvement project in the next 12 months. After all, the U.S. home improvement industry isn’t worth an estimated $57.2 billion for no reason.
What’s interesting, however, is that not only are more homeowners looking to make improvements and renovations, but more people are specifically looking to make their houses more environmentally sustainable. In recent years, several new green home accessories have come into vogue, helping to create this trend of environmental sustainability.
To help give you a better idea of what modern homeowners are doing with their houses, here are a few of the most popular green home accessories being used today.
Some of the most popular green home accessories are actually building materials. Many homeowners are choosing to use composite decking instead of natural wood as their building materials, because these green home accessories are stronger, last longer, and yield better dimensional stability — they don’t splinter, crack, or rot like wood does.
Rubber mulch is another one of the most popular green home accessories people have been using to great effect recently. This alternative kind of mulch is made from 100% recycled tires. It prevents weeds, repels insects, and provides a safe place for kids to play.
These green home accessories are all about cutting down a home’s energy usage. Many outdoor light fixtures get left on all night, bothering wildlife and wasting energy. Lights that are activated by motion or are on a timer can help keep an area well-lit only when it needs to be, while also saving energy and money all the while.
Remodeling a house is a big investment. Using green home accessories to build environmentally friendly house additions can help reduce the cost of a project, and also ensure a higher return on investment.
If you have any questions about these green home improvements and home additions, feel free to ask in the comments.
- Going the Green Distance — Three Amazingly Sustainable Home Accessories That Can Make Your Next Improvement Environmentally Friendly
- Three of the Coolest Home Additions That Won’t Break the Bank
- Make Home Improvements That Matter — Three Projects That Have Excellent Returns on Investment
- Stop! Are You Making These Kitchen Design Mistakes?
- What is the “Handy” in Handymen Services? | Potomac, MD
- If Apple Can Trademark Its Interior Design, Can Interior Home Designers Do the Same?
- Custom Homes: How to Guarantee the Best Experience | Bethesda, MD
- Before Remodeling Fix These Problematic Errors | Chevy Chase, MD
- Why You Should Consider Handymen Services in the First Place | Chevy Chase, MD
- Remodeling Your Bedroom with Little Space to Work With | Potomac, MD
- Why You Should Consider Green Home Building for Environmental Reasons | Potomac, MD
- When Building a Custom Home is the Right Decision | Bethesda, MD
- Make the Right Decisions When Remodeling Your Home | Chevy Chase, MD
- When to Utilize Handymen Services Over a Contractor | Potomac, MD
- Design-Build: Make Your Dream Home A Hassle-Free Reality | Bethesda, MD