If your bathroom is in need of an upgrade, you may be considering replacing the fixtures to update the space, but if you've always wanted one of those spa-like bathrooms, you can always get a little more creative. You usually get a good return on your investment in bathroom remodeling projects, so don't be afraid to treat yourself to some of these features.
- Upgraded tile work. Pick out some nice porcelain or stone tile for your bathroom. Maybe create an accent wall with a favorite tile, or make a mosaic backsplash. Put your own unique touch on the space with a creative tile design.
- Glass frameless shower doors. These give the shower a clean, up-to-date look.
- Massage panels in the shower. A little hydro-massage is a great way to relax and loosen some tight muscles.
- Soaking tub. Whether you like an old-fashioned claw-foot tub or a sleek modern free-standing tub, if you have the room, a soaking tub is a great option after a long day.
- Heated floors. There's nothing like stepping out of the shower onto a heated surface. You will feel like you're in a 5-star hotel, especially if you include a heated towel bar too.
- Sitting area. It may sound strange, but if you have the room, it's something to consider. Nobody's going to bother you in the bathroom, so why not make it into your own little retreat? Some people include a little fireplace or even a small television.
Bathrooms are popular remodeling projects these days, because they are evolving from strictly utilitarian spaces into more relaxing getaways. If you are ready for an upgrade, consider including some of these features for a space you can really enjoy.
For more information on bathroom remodeling and other home upgrades in the Potomac area, contact us.